We've never had a deck before, and we are really excited about it. I decided we should try and grow something, because thats what the cool people do. We got this awesome Tipsy Turvy thingy ding. You just hang it up and put your plants in it upside down. You add your dirt after you have put your plant in. Its supposed to give your plants more room to grow and so therefore yield more fruit. Another plus is that you can't over water, because anything excess just leaks out. Of course in my over enthusiasm, I didn't think about how our deck does not get tons of sun. I guess we will just have to hope it works out. We bought some early girl tomatoes, hoping to get produce sooner as we will only be here until the end of the summer and we figured the earlier we get tomatoes the better. Tyler had to take our kitchen table out onto the deck to screw the tipsy turvy planter into the roof of our deck. Needless to say, Kai was begging me to put him down so he could get into Daddy's tools and the eat the dirt that fell onto the deck.




1 comment:
I have friend who had one of those upside down tomato plants and it worked great. I hope you get enough sun. We got a decent amount of tomatoes last year despite the little sun we had in the garden, so maybe you'll be able to get something out of it.
Post a Comment