Wednesday, August 27, 2008
At Last, Washington DC!
Sorry guys, it took us a while to get this posted, but we finally got our pictures up from DC. While we were there we stayed in a Springhill Suites Marriott for a hundred dollars a night! Which is awesome because the suites there were $250 a night, but we got a really good deal because of Tandi and Dave. Between their elite membership and Dave's sweet talking we were able to feel rich for a few nights without having to pay the price.
We saw a lot of cool things(although the Museum of American History was closed until the fall! That should be unlawful.) and I was a total nerd and took tons of pictures. But what can I say? How often do you get a chance to visit DC? We went to Sticky Fingers with Tandi & Dave, and they are right - their desserts are scrumptious! We saw the Museum of Natural History, National Air & Space Museum, Washington Monument, WWII Monument, Lincoln Monument, Arlington Cemetary, the National Mall(which is not a mall, but a bunch of grass and trees, little stands to sell you stuff, and people to sell propaganda), and many other places. But our absolute favorite was the Library of Congress! Of course:)I would have taken a lot more pictures inside the Library of Congress, but most of the time they don't let you take pictures of the coolest stuff. We went through an amazing tour, I think my favorite part was seeing Jefferson's partially restored book collection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very nice. I'm glad you guys had fun. My favorite is the sign that says "I cannot live without books."
So I think you should plan your next trip for Portland, Oregon. I hear it's really green and pretty up there.
Hey, guess what? I'm wearing my Library of Congress t-shirt today. And I can wear it in public because it doesn't have a burn hole in it.
You guys are too cute!!! I tagged you on my blog check it out. We should get together sometime
Post a Comment