Saturday, August 16, 2008

Nauvoo



These are pictures of our trip to Nauvoo. We left from Lincoln, Nebraska at 4:30 in the morning(3:30am utah time)! We got to our hotel in Keokuk, Ia by lunch time. We went across the Des Moines River and took a picture of the Missouri state line and than we were off across the Mississippi to Nauvoo. We saw the Nauvoo Temple, which is now an operating Temple, if we had time it would have been cool to go see the inside. We went to a little museum that showed lots of cool artifacts from Nauvoo's past. There were some books that date back to the 1800's(there is a picture of me reading one!) and an original map of the layout of Nauvoo that even the Library of Congress doesn't have. I may be totally crazy, but how was I supposed to know? I found out that Nauvoo is like a Jerusalem in America except it is peaceful! I think that is amazing and I am honestly surprised I have never heard about it before.
If you look carefully in the picture of the sunstone, you can see our reflections in the glass.

No comments: